Kemple Milk Glass Plate Hand Painted Club and Shell Pattern
Kemple glass was made by John E. Kemple Glassworks of East Palestine, Ohio (1945-1956) and Kenova, West Virginia (1956-1970). They used old pressed glass molds to make their milk glass. Kemple pieces may or may not be marked. This plate is marked on the back with an embossed capital letter K in a circle.
The name of the pattern on the pierced rim is named Club and Shell. The edges of this plate are opalescent and it’s hand painted with a pretty still life of plums, green and red grapes, blackberries and foliage.
Measuring 7 inches in diameter and ½ inch high, this milk glass plate is in absolutely wonderful condition—we’re hard-pressed to find even a scratch on it.